We process data of our contractual and business partners, e.g. customers and interested parties (collectively referred to as “contractual partners”) in the context of contractual and comparable legal relationships as well as related measures and in the context of communication with contractual partners (or pre-contractual), e.g. to answer inquiries.
We process this data in order to fulfill our contractual obligations. This includes, in particular, the obligations to provide the agreed services, any update obligations and remedies in the event of warranty and other service disruptions. In addition, we process the data to protect our rights and for the purpose of administrative tasks associated with these obligations and company organization. Furthermore, we process the data on the basis of our legitimate interests in proper and business management as well as security measures to protect our contractual partners and our business operations from misuse, endangerment of their data, secrets, information and rights (e.g. for the involvement of telecommunications, transport and other auxiliary services as well as subcontractors, banks, tax and legal advisors, payment service providers or tax authorities). Within the framework of applicable law, we only disclose the data of contractual partners to third parties to the extent that this is necessary for the aforementioned purposes or to fulfill legal obligations. Contractual partners will be informed about further forms of processing, e.g. for marketing purposes, within the framework of this data protection declaration.
We inform the contractual partners which data is required for the aforementioned purposes before or in the course of data collection, e.g. in online forms, by means of special marking (e.g. colors) or symbols (e.g. asterisks or similar), or in person.
We delete the data after the expiry of legal warranty and comparable obligations, i.e., generally after 4 years, unless the data is stored in a customer account, e.g., as long as it must be kept for legal archiving reasons. The statutory retention period is ten years for documents relevant under tax law as well as for commercial books, inventories, opening balances, annual financial statements, the work instructions required to understand these documents and other organizational documents and accounting records, and six years for received commercial and business letters and reproductions of sent commercial and business letters. The period shall commence at the end of the calendar year in which the last entry was made in the book, the inventory, the opening balance sheet, the annual financial statements or the management report was prepared, the commercial or business letter was received or dispatched or the accounting document was created, furthermore the recording was made or the other documents were created.
Insofar as we use third-party providers or platforms to provide our services, the terms and conditions and data protection notices of the respective third-party providers or platforms shall apply in the relationship between the users and the providers.
Types of processed data
- Types of data processed: inventory data (e.g. names, addresses); payment data (e.g. bank details, invoices, payment history); contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone numbers); contract data (e.g. subject matter of contract, term, customer category); usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times); meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: Interested parties; business and contractual partners; customers.
- Purposes of processing: providing contractual services and customer service; contact requests and communication; office and organizational procedures; managing and responding to requests; conversion measurement (measuring the effectiveness of marketing activities); profiles with user-related information (creating user profiles).
- Legal basis: Contract fulfillment and pre-contractual requests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b) DSGVO); Legal obligation (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c) DSGVO); Legitimate interests, Providing the contractual service (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO).
Further guidance on processing operations, procedures and services:
- Economic analyses and market research: For business reasons and in order to be able to recognize market trends, wishes of contractual partners and users, we analyze the data we have on business transactions, contracts, inquiries, etc., whereby the group of data subjects may include contractual partners, interested parties, customers, visitors and users of our online offering. The analyses are carried out for the purpose of business evaluations, marketing and market research (e.g. to determine customer groups with different characteristics). In doing so, we may, if available, take into account the profiles of registered users together with their details, e.g. on services used. The analyses serve us alone and are not disclosed externally, unless they are anonymous analyses with summarized, i.e. anonymized values. Furthermore, we take into account the privacy of users and process the data for analysis purposes as pseudonymously as possible and, if feasible, anonymously (e.g., as summarized data); legal basis: Legitimate interests, business advantages (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO).
- Agency Services: We process our customers’ data as part of our contractual services, which may include, for example, conceptual and strategic consulting, campaign planning, software and design development/consulting or maintenance, implementation of campaigns and processes, handling, server administration, data analysis/consulting services and training services; legal basis: contract performance and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b) DSGVO).
- Project and development services: We process the data of our customers as well as clients (hereinafter uniformly referred to as “Customers”) in order to enable them to select, acquire or commission the selected services or works as well as related activities as well as their payment and provision or execution or performance. The required information is identified as such in the context of the order, purchase order or comparable contract conclusion and includes the information required for the provision of services and billing as well as contact information in order to be able to hold any consultations. Insofar as we obtain access to information of the end customers, employees or other persons, we process this in accordance with the legal and contractual requirements; legal basis: contract performance and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b) DSGVO).
- Events: We process the data of the participants of the events offered or organized by us, events and similar activities (hereinafter uniformly referred to as “participants” and “events”) in order to enable them to participate in the events and to take advantage of the services or promotions associated with participation. If we process health-related data, religious, political or other special categories of data in this context, then this is done within the scope of disclosure (e.g. for thematically oriented events or serves health care, safety or is done with the consent of the data subjects). The required information is identified as such in the context of the order, purchase order or comparable contract conclusion and includes the information required for the provision of services and billing as well as contact information in order to be able to hold any consultations. Insofar as we obtain access to information of the end customers, employees or other persons, we process this in accordance with the legal and contractual requirements; legal basis: contract performance and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b) DSGVO).